Sunday, November 22, 2009

Preparations underway...


Cable #8 - Falls Church, VA

Saludos (Greetings) everyone from sunny Virginia. Well,ok, maybe it is a sunny but the weather is getting cool and let's say this train is ready to depart before that white snow starts rolling in. Although I have been assured that Virginia ironically does not get much snow, just gets EXTREMELY cold, I have decided this guy would rather not find out. I know, I know, I am from Indiana, I should be used to this, but just because I am used to the cold doesn't mean I have to like it. Unfortunately, I will be here for part of the winter (officially leaving for Tijuana around Christmas time), hopefully I can miss a good part of the winter weather.

Unfortunately schedules and prices kept me from traveling home this Thanksgiving, but I look forward to seeing everyone at Christmas. I am looking forward to spending this Thanksgiving with many of my new friends here in D.C. It is exciting to share some of the Hoosier holiday dishes with them, ok, probably more traditional to my family, but no holiday can go without some cheese potatoes and sweet potato casserole. Mmmm-mmm.

This past week seemed to go by fairly quickly. Several of the folks who are headed to Missions in Mexico got together this past week to just hang out, eat some great food, and play some competitive Loteria (similar to Bingo). The great night was graciously hosted by Mayra, who is headed out to Brazil. Thanks for a great time, Mayra! Later in the week, several of us future Tijuana family members got together and wished off our outgoing friend, Leah. I will be the next to go in the group after her. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone got picks of Leah's going away party. Too bad.


Until the next cable...

No comments:

Post a Comment